WHAT IS MESOTHERAPY
- Mesotherepy is a medical technique which involves multiple injections of pharmaceautical grade
medicines with a small gauge needle for treatment of localized fat reduction, cellulite reduction, body contouring in different
areas of the body and other indications. Even though Mesotherapy has shown to produce great results with minimal side effects,
the technique is not an exact science, so NO expressed or written guarantee of the results or that the treatment
is effective in every case can be given.
AMOUNT OF TREATMENT NEEDED
- Depending on the type of treatment chosen, the number of treatments varies from patient
to patient. Dr. Alonso-Prieguez will discuss the patients' needs and desires and the physical condition, then will
decide on a specific treatment regime for the patient. The amont of the treatment sessions are 4 to 10 depending on
the indication and sites treated. Noticeable effects of treatment are sometimes visible after only one or two sessions,
but really good results depend on following the prescribed treatment schedule and instructions.
COMMON SIDE EFFECTS
- ITCHING: Localized itching which may last from one to several days.
Medicine can be given for temporary relief, if it becomes necessary.
- REDNESS: Localized swelling
to area may occur which may last from one to several days.
Depending on the amount of bruising, it may last from several days to more than a week.
- PAIN: Even though every effort is made to make sure the patient expierences as little pain
as possible, a few patients may still experience pain at the injection sites. The site may be sore or tender to touch after
treatment from one to several days.
- NODULES: Localized nodules
at the site of injection may be noted and will dissappear from several days to several weeks after treatment (up to 4 months)